Get retirement ready, your way
Canada Life - May 15, 2021
How can you prepare for what comes next?
The way you’ll experience retirement is different from your parents, friends and neighbours. That’s because everybody plans for their retirement, and spends their time in retirement, in unique ways. Plus, the world looks different today than it did two years ago – how can you prepare for what comes next?
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve seen markets dip and jump, which has made retirement planning complicated. And, there are other challenges you may need to think about, like:
- Elderly parents who may need long-term care
- Adult children who are struggling financially
- Saving enough money so you don’t run out
Have these situations dampened your enthusiasm for retirement? You’re not alone. Research from Canada LifeTM shows that views on retirement tend to be less positive with age – as we get closer to retirement, we’re less excited about it.*
However, there’s reason for optimism. One of the solutions that can help you weather market volatility, so you feel more confident in your retirement plan, is Canada Life™ Risk-Managed Portfolios.
What are the benefits?
- Reduced volatility – Risk-Managed Portfolios defend against market swings through investment strategies that minimize losses when markets are volatile.
- Growth potential – While these portfolios provide investment strategies to help reduce volatility, they also allow you to participate in the markets to help you grow your investments. Overall, you’re benefiting from a smoother investment experience over the long term.
- Professional portfolio managers – We partner with a team of knowledgeable, experienced professionals who have a proven track record of success managing these types of portfolios. They take care of the day-to-day details to help you meet your investment objectives while steering you through shifting market conditions.
I can help you choose from three different portfolios that match your unique comfort with risk, life stage, and need for growth and income. These portfolios aim to balance lower volatility with income and growth potential to help protect your savings when markets are down, while still providing some opportunities for growth when markets are up.
I’m here to help you get retirement ready, your way. Risk-Managed Portfolios are just one avenue to consider on your retirement journey. Let’s meet to talk about your options. We’ll build a solid plan so you can feel more comfortable and get excited about retirement.